Well, the gorgeous weather just keeps on going, and I’m not gonna question it. It’s not often that we have a proper autumn in Portland, and since it’s my favorite time of year I feel extra enthusiastic about it. Another thing I’m enthusiastic about: giveaways! We decided to partner with the amazing Honey Kennedy for a chance to win $100 in Flutter credit, which combined with October sunshine might take someone over the moon. Take note: if you’re our Facebook friend, you can enter twice. If you need inspiration, check out my favorites here. Good luck!
Yes, we know Flutter has a reputation for being a girly stronghold. But a quick look around reveals all manner of manly pleasures for the fathers in your life. Take a little tour…
And yes, we also have ties.You know, if you’re inclined that way.
Why hello there, Flutter friends! I must apologize for the delay between posts- here at the shop we have been making the transition from winter to spring, which is now pretty much complete! Cindy closed the shop last Wednesday and filled the shelves, couches, and tables with plenty of new colorful products- new scents, new books, and plenty of new oddities.
In a couple of days I will be sharing a bunch of film photographs of the spring-ready shop, but for now, let us recognize that Valentine’s Day has just about arrived! Have you picked out the perfect something for your sweetie? Your honey muffin? Your kitten kaboodle? If not, take a peek at some of my own favorite picks for this sweet holiday. And then stop in for your last-minute gifts!
1. Abstract Seahorse Pillow ($62), 2. Tokyo Milk Sugar Bomb No. 112 Mix and Match Perfume ($18.50), 3. Nouveau Locket Earrings ($40), 4. Silhouette: The Art of the Shadow ($65), 5. Voluspa Panjore Lychee Candle ($7.50), 6. Sibley Backyard Birding Flashcards: 100 Common Birds of Eastern and Western North America ($14.99), 7. Tokyo Milk Marine Sel No. 54 Hand Cream ($18.50), 8. Key Hook Pillow ($48), and 9. Peacock Ring ($30)
Enjoy Valentine’s Day, whether it be romantically with your significant other or bitterly with a dear friend- see you all in a couple of days! xo, Summer
First, I must tell you all to watch this lovely little Flutter video, shot by local filmmaker Justin Koleszar…
Doesn’t it just capture the shop perfectly? And oh, our sweet silly King, he does well in his moment of fame.
And now, more gift guides! Christmas is only four shopping days away, so come stop in the store, drink some free champagne and finish shopping for the men and women in your life with unique objects!
For the men…
1. Japanese Cinema ($35), 2. Compass Keychain ($8.50), 3. Red Army Cavalry Hat ($32), 4. Beetle Hook Pillow ($65), 5. “LOOKING FOR TROUBLE” Scrimshaw Horn Box ($32), 6. Cast Iron Jose Skull Bottle opener ($10), 7. Blackish Cicada Paper Weight ($12), and 8. Outlaws!: Adventures of Pirates, Scoundrels, and Other Rebels ($45)
For the ladies…
1. God Save The Queen Pillow ($58), 2. West Third Brand: Jardin d’Amour ($32), 3. Jane Necklace ($22), 4. Paper Cutting ($27.50), 5. Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy Hand Creme ($18.50), 6. Magnifying Glass Necklace ($22), 7. Voluspa Winesap Apple Spice Candle ($7.50), 8. Nudie Purse Mirror from Peru ($6.50), and 9. I Will Never Forget You…: Frida Kahlo to Nickolas Muray ($24.95)
Have a lovely pre-holiday week- I shall check-in again before Christmas arrives! xoxo
Good afternoon! First things first, I would like to let everyone know that both Flutter and Eden will be at The Portland Bazaar, an event I am extremely excited about. It will be held this Saturday and Sunday at Sandbox Studio and will feature DIY workshops, great local food carts, delicious spirits, and a huge selection of some of the best local and national shops/designers. It’s going to be fabulous, I know it. See you there?
And now, a Flutter gift guide. These are my picks from our online shop (which are also available in the store.) Next week I’ll share my gift picks available only in the brick & mortar shop, for all our lovely Portland locals.
1. The Art of Instruction: Vintage Educational Charts from the 19th and 20th Centuries ($35), 2. West Third brand Tonic: Tobacco 1812 ($26), 3. Café Noir Jar Candle ($30), 4. Hunt Club Trophy (resin) ($42), 5. Sail Away Pendant by Brehan Todd ($28), 6. Glass Glitter Letters Designed by Wendy Addison ($6.50), 7. 1800’s Penny Toy Ferris Wheel ($6.50), 8. Russian Coat of Arms Flask ($42), 9. Pretty Things ($19.95), 10. Tokyo Milk Dark : Cherry Bourbon Lip Elixir ($7.50), and 11. Renaissance Cuff ($28)
Hello and good evening. I hope all our readers had a very lovely Thanksgiving with plenty of food, friends, and family!
This is sort of a mini-post with few words, but plenty of pictures. I recently brought my clanky old film camera back into Flutter and clicked away. Here are fifteen of my favorites because I think they show all the beautiful colors inside the shop…
Here’s to a fantastic and glorious week- see you in a few days!
…at Flutter! When I walked into work on Sunday morning, I was truly astounded by just how great the store looked all ready for the holidays. Everything is all sparkly, with bowls of ornaments, mossy coverings, shimmery garlands, and sweet smells all around. I must say, it put me in an instant good mood. I wanted to pour a cup of nog and sing along to Bing Crosby’s ‘White Christmas’.
Of course, I snapped photos a’plenty. This weekend, I plan to bring in one of my old cameras and some black & white film and go picture crazy. But for now, some phone photographs of tree trimmings and ornaments in the shop that make my heart melt and holiday spirit rise…
Happy Holidays, darlings!
Have I mentioned how much I love this time of year? October is the best. You can feel the excitement in the air from children and childlike adults (like myself) getting ready for Halloween. It’s the only time you can dress up as anything you desire and eat an obscene amount of candy without question. There are masquerades and costume parties, haunted houses and pumpkin patch strolls. The best.
Here at Flutter we’re getting into the Halloween spirit. There are beautiful decorations, novelties, vintage costumes, etcetera. And masks, oh the masks…
See you next week for some hand-drawn Flutter favorites!
Fall has arrived at Flutter! When I came into work on Sunday, I was completely blown away by how different the shop looks. Cindy closed the shop for a day to bring in new products, take out some old ones, and completely rearrange everything. Let me tell you, it looks lovely.
There are so many new items coming in for Autumn and the holidays. New books, scents, household items, and novelties, as well as new vintage finds. There are a couple antique couches I just dream of curling up on at home with my cat and a cup of tea.
Now, let’s get ready for this heat to end and the leaves to change. This year I am welcoming fall with open arms.
New in the shop: my picks:
1 and 2. Tomas Casademunt and The Selby is in your place: two very inspiring photography and interior books. Full of color and the prettiest clutter.
3. New Tokyomilk roll-ons. Not only do they smell delicious, but they come packaged in pretty vials with corks. I’m such a lover of this company.
4. Tree identification matches. We have a few new matchbook boxes in stock, but these ones are my favorites. Simple & classic packaging for a home necessity.
5. Classic nudie postcards. I myself have already purchased three of these and they look perfect hung next to my canopy bed in my girly bedroom.
6. Horse bottle opener. It reminds me of a door knocker on a old pub.
7. More classic naked ladies, this time on little pocket mirrors. I can’t resist a little vintage sexiness to keep in my purse.
8. Devil acrobat toy. Just in time for Halloween, I’m pretty sure my little boys would love this.
9. I love Eleanor Grosch’s work, so I was quite happy to see a trunk filled with her notecards for sale.
Enjoy your week!